October 25, 2019
Over the last year, Highland Telephone Cooperative has experienced tremendous growth in bandwidth usage. With the holidays just around the corner, we expect an even larger jump in bandwidth usage as people begin to use more televisions, gaming consoles, smart devices and more. To meet the needs of our subscribers as well as future growth, we are upgrading our equipment. We will be performing this maintenance at night to minimize impact to our subscribers.
You may experience interruptions in the following maintenance widows:
- Tuesday, Oct. 29, midnight to 6 a.m.
- Wednesday, Oct. 30, midnight to 6 a.m.
- Thursday, Oct. 31, midnight to 6 a.m.
The services will not be down during the entire window but will be intermittent. The following services will be impacted:
- Phone service (regular landline phones at home/business)
- Internet service
- Business services
- Video services (Video will be available, but subscribers will not be able to order PPV. If a box is rebooted, service may not restore until the end of the maintenance window.)
Cellular service in our area (Verizon, AT&T, US Cellular, and T-mobile) may be down intermittently as well.
We will minimize these outages as much as possible. We appreciate your patience as we upgrade to better meet your needs! This is an exciting time of growth, and we are proud of the services we offer. If you have questions or specific needs or issues, please feel free to call our office during normal business hours.